I know my way around the command line and Linux, and can do basic configuration, automated testing, building and deployment.
I have over 10 years experience building websites and mobile applications. I have worked with many companies, including Uber, Apple, Nike, HUGE, AKQA, Chipotle, Symantec, Salesforce and National Parks Service.
- iOS Development
You can download my resume as a PDF here.
I have developed sites for clients ranging from small sole proprietors to Fortune 500 brands. I focus on highly interactive and object-oriented full site development.
I work well on large teams, as well as independently. I have experience as a team lead, and can guide and mentor junior developers.
- Freelance Web Developer, Larry Lague Consulting. October 2007-present As a freelance web developer, I have built sites and web apps for several large brands, including Discovery Networks, Restoration Hardware, Nike, Symantec, Pepsi, XBox, Clorox, Esurance, McDonalds and Sony. I have worked on my own, acting as Front and Back End Developer, as well as on large teams. A good amount of my work has been with advertising agencies, including DDB, Tribal DDB, McCann Erickson, Organic, AKQA and Method.
- Co-Manager of Converge-SF. July 2011-present Converge-SF, San Francisco design and web technologies user group, is an active group of about 1,000 members whose interests range from coders and application developers to video artists and animators. We have monthly meetings on topics ranging from creative coding to inspirational design. As Co-Manager, I am responsible for giving introductions to speakers, organizing event space, mintaining a web presence, recruiting speakers and giving an occasional presentation.
- Founder of WhtvrMe, March 2011-February 2012 Whtvrme was an experimental project between myself and two partners. We developed a native iOS app that was a simple way to keep track of plans among friends, and could handle push notifications, a chat messaging system, Facebook integration and full database mapping and synchronization.
- Web Developer, Yahoo!. Jan 2004-Jan 2005 As a Web Developer in the Ideas Group at Yahoo!, I was responsible for building banners and mini-sites for several Yahoo! entities, including Finance, Jobs, Shopping and Sports. Worked in AS2, HTML, CSS.
- Senior Web Developer, Doug Menuez Photography. Jan 2003-Jan 2004 Responsible for hand coding and maintaining the web presence for Doug Menuez. Handled archiving thousands of film-based slides to digital, and creating an indexed database.
- Bachelor's Degree, University of Massachusetts, Amherst. Double Major in Business Administration and Fine Arts. Graduated Cum Laude.
- UCLA Extension certificate in web development and programming